At Christmas our eldest son bought a set of Nordic Lights for the Jeep. At the time we were still slowly repairing it from the heavy damage I caused wheeling it at Bridgeport OHV park. The we got Covid. After that a snow storm fell upon us in North Texas and locked us in. At the start of the snow melt I decided to break the cabin fever I was suffering and install them.
Getting The Wiring
The lights did not come with any wiring. They had a connector that you could crimp wiring into but I didn't have the special tool it takes to make it work. After a few online searches I found a harness for 2 devices that had the same connectors that came with the lights. At $13 and free delivery I couldn't go wrong even if it didn't work. It took a week for the harness to arrive. I really liked it. The harness came equipped with fuse and switch.
Installing the Nordic Lights
Of course as is with most things it was too good to be true. There was one issue with the harness. The length of wire between the lights was too short so I couldn't connect them both. It was time to do a bit of modification. I had to move one leg of the wiring higher on the main line to get enough distance to be able to connect both lights. It really wasn't much of an issue. A little wire cutting, soldering, and heat shrink tubing made it fit just right. I then covered it with split loom and it was even cleaner looking than before. I don't have a nice SPod to manage add on devices. It is a future item I would like to get.
Completing the Install
I am currently using a couple of terminal blocks to attach add on devices. There is a block for the power and one for the ground. We still had an available switch in the Jeep from the original lights that didn't work so I used it for the new lights. It only took a couple hours to complete the install and I have to say it came out very nice.